Friday, March 6, 2009

Alan Stern, Q.C.

One morning, a few days after my article appeared in the Bar Society's magazine, I checked my emails and there was one from Alan Stern, Q.C. Now, Alan was the Bar Society's lawyer when I was suspended. As we work in an adversarial system, Alan's job was to act in the best interest's of the Bar Society, and thus, to act "against" me.

So, just to see Alan's email in my inbox was something. I took a breath and clicked on. He wrote

"Hello Keith,

I just read your article in the Society Record. Thank you for having the courage and taking the time to tell others about what happened to you.

One of the facts relating to your real estate practice that stood out to me at the time was how well all of your files were organized. My obvious conclusion was that you were a highly competent real estate practitioner.

Over the years I have provided advice to individuals on reinstatement from suspensions or disbarments and should you need any such advice I would be pleased to talk to you ( at no charge of course ).

Sincerely, Alan "

No comments: