Monday, March 2, 2009

5th Annual Living with Mental Illness Conference

I had sent Linda Alderson my mental health "resume" in the fall of 2008 (gotta get the word out there !) .She then wanted to meet. Ms. Alderson is with the Family Working Group, Cape Breton District Health Authority, which spondsors the Living with Mental Illness Conference, held in Sydney, Nova Scotia.

After our neeting, she asked me to speak at the Conference, tentatively scheduled for Octobert30, 2009. This year there will be 4 speakers, each allotted an hour to speak.

I attended last year's, it was a well done event, with great speakers. There were 550 people in attendance.

Now, this may be my first public speach on my depression in my home town ( unless something comes along before), so I am looking forward to this event for sure.

No comments: