Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Ontario Lawyers' Assistance Program (OLAP)

In early September, I was reading through Dan Lukasik's site ( www.lawyerswithdepression.com), and noticed an article by John Starzinsky, the Vounteer Executive Director, of OLAP, discussing his bi-polar. I clicked on the OLAP's site (www.olap.ca) and learned about the program. It was re-assuring to come across another lawyer, with a mental illness. John, Dan and I made three I knew.

I emailed John and we exchanged messages for awhile. He was very supportive, and encouraged me to continue seeking a public forum to discuss my depression and recove. I suggested I write an article for the OLAP. He thought it was a great idea. I sat back, took a couple of days and wrote a long piece and submitted it. He had it posted online in a day. ( www.olap.ca/keith-anderson.html)

He and I continue to communicate by email and phone. One never knows from where support may come.

No comments: