Thursday, April 10, 2008

Next

Well, here I am, I have no money, no job, no income, no house. Life is good.

Seriously though, my life is good. To focus on what I don't have is not fair to what I do have. I have my good health. I am as mentally strong now as I was 25 years ago. I have my family, all healthy as well. I sleep well. I can read a book and enjoy it. I can truly smile and laugh. I can enjoy each day.

I will one day, once I have sufficient funds, apply to the Bar Society to be re-instated. If I am fortunate enough to be re-instated, I am not sure what I will then do as a career, but it will unfold. I do know that my new career will be different from the old one.

I have a few options before me, and all will be considered in due time. As well, I have certain matters to be resolved, I look forward to wrapping up the past and moving on.

In the meantime, I know that I will enjoy whatever I choose, and who knows what may come along. There have been some good, and unexpected, opportunities already.

I am healthy, physically and mentally, and the other pieces of my life are starting to fall into place. It feels real good.

As Van Morrison sang, "Back on my feet again, I'm back on the street again."

No comments: